A bar fight . . . A family altercation . . . A fit of jealousy . . . An eruption of road rage gone too far . . . A fraternity brawl. . .
Many common situations such as these can take ordinary anger to a point where someone gets hurt- Someone gets accused. Police are called. An arrest is made. In the blink of an eye, one's liberty and everyday activities are at extreme risk.
Have you been charged with an assault or a similar crime in Michigan?
Were you accused of threatening or harassing someone? Regardless of the circumstances, the Law Offices of Jeffery A. Cojocar, P.C. welcomes the opportunity to help you defend your case.
In Michigan, assault can be charged in a number of different ways, including:
- Assault and Battery - misdemeanor
- Aggravated Assault - misdemeanor
- Domestic Violence - misdemeanor
- Aggravated Domestic Violence - misdemeanor
- Assault with a Dangerous Weapon - felonious assault
- Assault with Intent to do Great Bodily Harm - felony
- Assault with Intent to Maim - felony
- Assault with Intent to Rob While Unarmed - felony
- Assault with Intent to Rob While Armed - felony
- Assault with Intent to Murder - felony
- Various Degrees and Types of Stalking
An effective defense of someone accused of an assault, as with any other crime, will depend on a wide range of issues, potential defenses, investigation, and specific facts of the case. For example;
- Was the alleged assault actually an act of self-defense?
- Did law enforcement act improperly during the investigation or arrest?
- Does your wife, girlfriend, husband or boyfriend now regret reporting you for domestic violence, and wish to retract the accusations?
"Regardless of the specific circumstances, seek qualified representation as quickly as possible to ensure the best possible defense and learn about the steps necessary to protect your rights and your future." - Jeffery A. Cojocar
When you need an experienced attorney to defend you against Assault charges in the Oakland, Macomb or Wayne County areas of southeast Michigan, contact us today for an IMMEDIATE consultation.